Monday, May 19, 2014

Recent green-ish thumb


Recently I've gotten really into 'light' gardening. I say light because it is by no means strenuous or massively time consuming as I know gardening can be. All my plants come in pots or planters and a lot of them are starter kits. Anyway my light gardening started with a trip to Ikea where I picked up this little herb growing kit of Coriander, Basil and Thyme(above). It came with the seeds/soil/metal container and was really easy to get going. I did have a little trouble with my thyme at first but she has perked right up now.


I then saw these little grow your own veggies pots in Wilkinsons for a mere 25p a pot so I thought I would give them a try, and just this past week my rocket and tomato plants have begun to sprout - but the bell pepper and chilli pepper are still to make an appearance.


With my most recent trip home my mum really stocked me up with plants and flowers. 
She gave me two flowering plants in terracotta pots along with a pepper and tomato plant (above).
Some more flowering plants below - sorry I have forgotten the names.


Then some foxgloves.
I'll give another update when they are all flowering.


Then we have the plants I have managed to keep alive from last year. Yay.
Two strawberry plants and a rosemary. I'm really enjoying it this time, and I hope to add more to my collection soon.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment