Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Wes Anderson Sketchbook



During July and half of August I was working on The Wes Anderson Sketchbook. 
It's a collaborative sketchbook with another very talented artist @jules_tea 
I've completed the first half of the sketchbook and its down to Julia to complete the second half.


(Darjeeling Limited wallpaper pattern and movie colour palette made using my faithful Kuretake gansai tambi 36 pan watercolour set, and the luggage drawn with a black fine liner pen.)


(Darjeeling brothers drawn with black fine liner pen layered over the top of a colour crayon background, and a watercolour pattern cut out luggage spread)

Throughout this sketchbook I've used a variety of mixed media tools. 
Pencil, pens, crayons, coloured pens, inks and watercolours.


(Copic markers, black fine liner & pencil pages representing The Grand Budapest Hotel)


(Acrylic paint for Jacqueline Deep Search)

My style is very graphic, and I have tried to focus on patterns, icons and colours to represent the bold style choices of Wes Anderson movies. 


(Winsor & Newton Inks in shades violet, brick red and indian black ink)


(Crayola pencil crayons)


(Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolours)

I've tried to look at multiple Wes Anderson movies and create pieces to represent my favourite movies.


(Black indian ink & watercolours)


(Copic markers & fine liner pens)


These last couple of pages are my favourite, a portrait of Steve Zissou and a multicoloured seahorse both from The Life Aquatic. 


(Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolours)




0 comments:

Post a Comment