Sunday, March 29, 2015

BOOK: A wrinkle in time


**


I never read a wrinkle in time as a child, and never really heard about it until I saw this graphic novel and thought I would give it a go. A wrinkle in time is a journey of siblings heading out to find themselves and reunite their family.

Meg is a grumpy, negative insecure teen and elder sister to twin brothers who are not really in the main body of the story and Charles Wallace a very strange child, wise beyond his years. At the beginning of the story you learn that the father is missing, who knows where? and the mother is not dealing with it well. She is highly emotional and the children decide to find the father to save the family.

I thought I was going to love this story as it started so well and the illustrations really swept me in. As time went on I found the story was getting weirder and weirder, however it was not engaging and I'm sorry to say at times I was bored. I really struggled to finish this book.

The colour scheme throughout the whole book is black white and blue, and at the start I thought this worked well, the way it was integrated into the story was fantastic however getting further down the line it started to become repetitive. Maybe I would have felt differently about this book if I had read it as a written novel rather than a graphic novel first.



Goodreads -

Instagram -
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment