Monday, March 23, 2015

BOOK: Outcast


*


I picked this up last month at my local travelling man, it seemed similar in style to the Revival series which I also started this year and really enjoyed. Unfortunately I didn't feel the same about Outcast. 

Outcast is a world created by Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead) in which people are possessed by demons. The people surrounding one man in particular Kyle, a loner, an orphan and a man that has lost his wife an daughter. Kyle is some sort of Exorcist banishing demons out of this world.

The pacing of this graphic novel was quite slow, quite a bit of talking but little action. And overall I just felt like it was building up to something but nothing really happened. The problem for me was the fact that I didn't really like any of the characters. So ultimately it was difficult to care about what was happening to them. 

The artwork fitted the purpose well, and matched to the bleak story line. However it's just not for me, maybe it was the angular feel or the single muted colour scheme. I thought the characters also looked quite similar which made it hard to tell them apart at times.

Goodreads -

Instagram -
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment