Friday, June 20, 2014

Homemade Soup

This week I have been mostly eating home made soup. Fast show reference :).
At the weekend I made a batch of soup for my lunches throughout the week at work.


This week my soup recipe included:
Sweet Potatoes x3
Bell Peppers x1 1/2
Large Tomatoes x2
Garlic segments x3
Onion x1
Stock x 500ml
Bay leaves x3
Mixed herbs
Salt and Pepper
Balsamic Vinegar
Worcestershire Sauce

I treated myself to a button blender from Asda for only £12 and used it to blend everything into a paste except for the potatoes and bay leaves. I made the sweet potatoes into a mash and once smooth added all the paste ingredients, the stock and bay leaves. Left the whole pot on the hob for about 45 mins and then blended until smooth. All in all it made four portions and tasted delicious.  
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment