Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Painted Teapot

At the weekend the girls of the family and myself visited The Painted Teapot in Dronfield.
It was a birthday gift to my nan and we all tagged along. The Painted Teapot is a shop that offers the ability for you to visit and paint an item or decoupage one, you pay for the item and a £3 studio fee for the paints and firing after you have painted them. 
The afternoon spent there was great, we had a large table right in the centre of the very well lit shop, we took along cakes and drinks and for about an hour we were the only people there.


They have many many things you can paint, plates, mugs, money boxes, vases, animals etc.
I chose tiles and thought I could paint something to frame in my kitchen. 
I've always loved the many images I have seen online of fruit artwork, and in particular the inside of fruits, so I took some art pieces along with me for reference and focused on my favourites.




We each worked on things that were so different and I am really interested in viewing them once they have finished firing in the kiln.











It was a really great afternoon out and I would recomend it. 
Actually I'd really like to go again. : ) 


I hope you enjoyed this post. I will pop up some pictures when I have the finished items back.
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment