Friday, March 07, 2014

Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll


During January and February I read both Alice in Wonderland and Through the looking Glass. Both of these books I have never read before and I had previously stayed away from them, just due to the fact that I loved the Disney movie version I didn't want it to change my opinion of the story. 
I am very glad I changed my mind and picked up these books as I loved the stories and if anything I thought that Disney managed to create a lovely condensed version while keeping the feel of the book. 

Many of the beloved and recognisable characters showed themselves in the same light, and after reading both books I like the way Disney merged the two stories into one. My favourite parts will always be the tea party with the mad hatter and the march hare, Bill the lizard with the Ladder when Alice or Mary-Ann as the rabbit sees her, gets stuck in the house, and when the flowers come alive and while bickering amongst themselves they ponder on what type of flower Alice could be? 

The version I bought combined the two books together, one after the other and featured many of the original illustrations. Beautifully drawn and gives a real feel for the characters. 

Definitely a book I would recommend and one that has made me want to read other classics.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment