Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Customising

My nan has recently moved house and has ended up selling a handful of furniture. 
I quickly snapped up this little footstool. 


I had the idea to repaint the legs and cover the top with a new piece of fabric. 
I chose a checked shirting fabric for my cover, as there is a lot of red in my living room already and I thought it would fit well.


I borrowed the staple gun from my mum and used it cautiously. 


I toyed with painting the legs black or white but ended up actually painting them silver as I wanted them a light colour but white seemed too matt.



There you have it, the finished stool. I know it may not be to everyone's taste but I love my little home edition. The whole project was so simple that if I fancy a change it would be so easy to swap the fabric or paint colour. 

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment