Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A little inspiration...

I've been trying to think of ways to make my sketchbook project 'I see no ships' a little different.
So when my mum suggested some books from my childhood I couldn't resist to share them.

These little treats are all by Janet and Allan Ahlberg, and follow the adventures of the Jolly Postman.
The first book is The Jolly Postman or Other People's Letters. 
This is my favourite and the one I remember most from when I was a child, along with Each Peach Pear Plum another Ahlberg gem. In this book the jolly postman goes on his route delivering letters and visiting friends along the way. 



The Second book is The Jolly Pocket Postman.
In this book the jolly postman shrinks to the size of a postage stamp.



The third book is The Jolly Christmas Postman.
The postman delivers letters and gifts from one fairy tale character to another. 



I love the idea of creating my sketchbook into a series of letters, with envelopes and pieces hidden inside. 
Thanks for the inspiration Janet and Allan Ahlberg, and thanks for the suggestion Mum. : )

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment