Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Blissful baking with the Sister

Last weekend I visited my family, my sister and my favourite thing to do when we get together is bake. This usually involves a new recipe or look. This weekend we decided to try our hand at cake pops and meringue cupcakes. 


For the cupcake batter we made some chocolate flavoured madeira cake mix.


Whilst cooking the batter we made our meringue mix and piped them into little domes.



They took ages to cook!


Assembly.
We made a simple chocolate syrup sauce to glue together the cupcake and the meringue top.


Yum!
I got the idea from this recipe, however Laura and I swayed completely from the original, and just recreated the overall look.

Then we tried to make some cake pops. 
We didn't follow a recipe for this at all and although they were messy they were so tasty. 



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment